Master of Arts,
Chelsea School of Art, London
Bachelor of Arts,
University of Wales, Swansea
Post Graduate Certificate of Education,
Kings College, London
Born in the UK, Allan's area of interest and work is the psychodynamic principles involved
in the process of Art and Education. Primarily a painter of Cornwall's land and seascapes based in St. Ives,
Allan also commutes regularly between South Wales and Twickenham, London, where he paints his striking images
within earshot of Twickenham Rugby Stadium.
His images are strong and bold expressionist works,
mirroring the emotional energy and adrenaline central to the physical
game. The objective is to reflect the artist's state of mind rather
than the reality of the external world, "My aim is to raise
the subjective feelings above the objective observations."
Allan's work draws an inevitable comparison to the highly regarded
and extremely fashionable German Expressionists of the early Twentieth
Also known for his life works, which are painted
or drawn with an almost disconcerting bold assurance, Allan's figures
have a direct and powerful sensuality. Using these foundations he
strives for his own and unique form of expression.
Allan's work has an international appeal and is
collected in the USA and Europe.
Mentor Professor Toshio Watanabe
The Psychological Theories of Professors Freud
and Jung and Twentieth Century Surrealisms Impact upon the Creative
Principle and Individual Development; both Socially and Artistically.
• Redefinition of Surrealism-Objective Chance-Second
Manifesto-Relevance of Jung.
• Spirit "Surrealisme" England.
• Picasso, Ambiguity and Minotaur.
• A Rethink of Surrealism: Leonora Carrington
• Perception of Self, Life and World - Our
Only True Sense of Reality?
Experience "Education Through Art" "Art leads the child out of itself" Herbert Read
• Director; Dylan Thomas Theatre
• Course Director; International Language School
• Assistant Dean of Students; International University
• Head of Department; Complex Educational Needs
• Art Facilitator and Intensive Support; Adult Mental Health
• Educationalist-Curriculum Planner Complex Needs
Full time Practising Artist and Lecturer in Surrealism
• AAardvark Gallery,Shropshire, American National Rugby Play Offs (USA); Art House Gallery
St. Ives, Cornwall;
• Bayswater Road Artist Association, London; Bedford Park Arts Festival, London, Birmingham
• Glynn Vivian Art Gallery; Swansea;
• Landmark Gallery London; Leadenhall Elevated Art Fair, London, Loplop Studio, Twickenham;
Llangollen International Pavilion.
• Marriott Hotel, Cardiff; Mumbles Road Gallery, Swansea;
• Nostalgia Gallery, London; National Trust, Rhossili Gower,
• Par ici Gallery London; Picture House Gallery Padstow;
• Royal Institute of Oil Painters, Mall Galleries, London;
• Saltmarshe Gallery Cardiff; Salubrious Gallery, Swansea; Tate, Gallery, St. Ives,
Cornwall, Charity Auction. Tros Gynnal Art Exhibition, Swansea Museum;
• Up Front Rugby Fashion,Covent Garden, London,
• Washington Gallery, Penarth
• Wimbledon Artist Opens Studios,
• World Rugby Museum, Twickenham, London;
• Other various UK Galleries